Roberts Residential Ltd – Privacy Notice
Our privacy notice provides information on how we, Roberts, and any of it subsidiaries, branches, or representative offices and/or any 3rd party providers collect, use, secure, transfer and share your information. Roberts and its affiliates are a provider of Residential Estate and Lettings Agent Services within the UK, primarily in the Bournemouth conurbation.
Roberts Residential Ltd has its head office at:
158 Charminster Road
We offer the following services:
Guaranteed Rental Lettings
Residential Property Sales
• Types of information and typical data collected:
1: Full Names including middle names
2: Previous Names (if married or changed your name)
3: Date of Birth
4: Current Address
5: Previous Address (if current address is less than 3 years)
6: Residential Status
7: Landlords details both current and previous (if applicable)
9: National Insurance Number
10: Number and age of any dependants
11: Primary ID (Copy taken)
12: Address ID (Copy taken)
13: Bank Details
14: Mortgage Statement (Copy taken)
15: Payslips (Copy taken)
16: Self-Employment account details (Copy taken)
17: Employers details
19: Email address
20: Phone Numbers
21: New Property details
22: Solicitors details
23: Estate Agent details
24: New mortgage details
25: Existing mortgage details
26: Land registry details
27: Marital Status
29: Previous Employment details
31: Next of kin details
32: Relevant persons details
• Methods of Collection
• Next of Kin
• Spouse / Partner / Family Member
• Business Associates
• Trusted sources such as Government / Land / Police Registers
• Credit / Default agencies
• Financial institutes (Banks, building societies etc)
Such information will normally be collected directly via the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email, in our branches or through telephone conversations. We may also collect personal information through our affiliates or suppliers.
In addition, you may choose to submit information directly to us via several methods.
• Through our website
• In response to marketing
• By signing up to our services or products
• In connections with an actual or potential business relationship
You may also agree to third parties disclosing information about you to us that those third partied have collected.
• Purpose of collection
• Accessing applications for and providing Roberts services
• Conducting business, developing relationships with Roberts and its affiliates
• Processing payments / transactions including: Accounting, Authorisation, clearing, auditing, billing, reconciliation, collection, complaints, enquiries, credit checks and related dispute resolution activities.
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering (please see below), tax evasion, claims, other liabilities and manage risk exposure and agent quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes.
• Provide, administer and communicate with you about our services, offers, programs, promotions and partners.
• Complete business directories, including business contact information
• Operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our services, websites, and any other digital assets and business.
• Developing new services
• Managing communications, assess effectiveness and optimisation of advertising
• Functionality of our website and other digital assets.
• Comply with industry standards, legal responsivities and Roberts policies.
In addition to help you with a property related service we have to comply with certain regulations like the money laundering, terrorist financing and transfer of funds Regulations 2017. Roberts Residential Ltd are required to obtain certain information from you to comply with these regulations. The information provided will only be used by Roberts in relation to comply with these regulations and will not be shared with any other party outside of the companies wholly owned by us unless we are required to do so under law.
If you decide to enter in to a business relationship with Roberts or any wholly owned subsidiary to comply with certain regulations. We will require two separate identification documents, one primary and one secondary document even if it appears in both lists. The information may be required at various stages of the process depending on whether you are purchasing / renting or selling.
Primary documents – proof of ID
• Valid passport with MRZ
• Valid full UK photo driving license
• Valid full UK paper driving license if issued before 1998
• Valid EU/EEA/Swiss phot driving license
• Valid EU/EEA/Swiss National Identity Card
• Valid UK Armed Forces ID Card
• Valid UK Biometric Residence Permit (copy of both sides)
• Valid Blue disabled drivers pass with photo
• Valid local authority bus pass
• Department of War and Pensions letter confirming details including National Insurance Number dated within the last 12 months
Secondary documents – proof of residence (Home)
• Valid full UK photo driving license
• Valid full UK paper driving license if issued before 1998
• Local authority Council tax bill (dated within last 12 months)
• UK bank / building society statement / bills showing activity, dated within the last 6 months including account number and sort code (Internet printed statements are acceptable)
• UK mortgage statement (dated within the last 12 months, internet printed statements are acceptable)
• Utility bill dated with the last 6 months including, Landline phone bill, gas, satellite TV, Electric (with MPAN number). Internet copies acceptable. Mobile phone bills are not acceptable
• Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs Inland Revenue coding /assessment/ statements dated within the last 12 months, they must include your National Insurance Number
• Department of Work & Pensions letter confirming pension details and National Insurance Number. Dated with the last 12 months
• Lawful basis of processing
Roberts processes your information under the following:
• Performance of a contract: where you enter into a contract whether with or through Roberts and we need to process your information as part of this contract.
• Legitimate interest: some information is processed by Roberts as part of its legitimate interest which includes: Fraud, risk assessment, due diligence, network and information security, suppressions and managing opting out of communications, profiling, direct marketing, monitoring acquisitions, updating customer details, lettings, sales, financial services and other core products and services provided by us.
• Public interest: some information is processed in accordance with public interest such as relocations.
• Consent: where we process information under consent we will seek your clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data.
• Information we share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this privacy notice or as indicated via the consent process at the time the data is collected. We share the information we collect with, but not limited to:
• Vetted affiliates and partners / financial institutions / insurance companies for business facilitation to provide required services such as, insurance cover etc
• Formally contacted service providers to perform services on our behalf
• Helpdesk, call centres, answerphone services etc
We contractually require these service providers to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf and authorise them to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
• Councils and health care providers
• Law firms
• Credit agencies, Land Registry office, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, Financial Conduct Authority, and other relevant regulatory bodies.
• Additionally, we may share information about you, if required legally, to prevent harm or financial / reputation loss, for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activities.
On websites, features can be accessed where we partner with other entities that are not affiliated with Roberts. These include social networking, geo-location tools etc, are operated by third parties who may use or share information in accordance with their own privacy policies. It is recommended that you review the third party’s privacy policies if you use the relevant features.
Roberts reserves the right to transfer your information in the event of a sale or transfer (wholly or partly) of our business or assets, with reasonable efforts for the acquirer to protect / use your information consistent with our Global Privacy notice. You can exercise your rights to contact the acquiring entity with questions concerning the protection and processing of your information.
• How long do we keep information for?
We will keep information for a reasonable amount of time in order to perform the purposes listed above.
We only keep information for as long as necessary. We generally keep personal information for 7 years after last contact with you. However, Roberts reserves the right to keep information for longer if we feel that this is in the legitimate interests of Roberts.
• International data transfers
Roberts may transfer the personal information collected about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the data was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as ours. When we transfer information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this privacy notice or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected.
• Direct Profiling
• Background checks for existing and new employees, clients, business partners, affiliates
• Financial viability analysis / reports
• Anti-money laundering
• Tax reporting
• Credit defaulting / exposure
• Indirect profiling
Indirect profiling via anonymisation of personal information is also used for preparing and furnishing aggregated data reports showing anonymised information, including but not limited to:
• Compilations, analyses, analytical and precative models and rules, and other aggregated reports for the purpose of advising our partners / affiliates and servicing institutions, retailers and other customers regarding past and potential future patterns of service usage, spending fraud, and other insights that may be extracted from this data.
• Compiling and communicating promotional and marketing information about products and services that Roberts, affiliates and other organisations that we have affiliations with have and that may be of interest to you.
• Conducting market research
• Facilitating out internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements.
• Your rights and choices
Your rights regarding the sensitive / personal information maintain about you, enable you to exercise choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information and how we communicate with you.
• Access and correction
You may have the right to:
• Obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you
• Request access to and receive information about the personal information we have about you
• Receive copies of the information that we maintain about you
The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements.
To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
• Update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information
If you feel that the information we hold about you is incorrect or inaccurate you can contact us outlining the information you feel is incorrect or inaccurate.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide these reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint. We will provide you with access to information we hold about you.
• Object to processing of your personal information
If you would like to object to any processing of your information by Roberts, you can contact us outlining what processing of information you would like to object to.
• Have the information blocked, anonymised or deleted
If you would like Roberts to delete, block or anonymise information we hold about you, you can contact us outlining what information you would like to delete, block or anonymised.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing list or to submit a request to access, update, correct or delete your personal information, please contact us as specified in the “How to contact us” section below.
• Opting out of processing
You can opt out of the collection of personal information by contacting us in the “how to contact us” section below
• Withdrawal of consent
If we obtain your information by consent, you have the right to withdraw any consent you previously provided us.
If we process your information under legitimate interest you can object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information.
Roberts will apply your preferences going forward. Doing so will mean you cannot take advantage of certain Roberts or affiliate products, services and promotions.
The right to consent removal may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements and you will be informed appropriately.
• How to contact us / complaints and feedback
If you would like to make a complaint, would like to access/update your information or change your preferences please email us, using firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us:
Mrs Kim Smith
Roberts Residential Ltd
158 Charminster Road
If we fall short of your expectations in processing your personal information of you wish to make a complaint about our privacy practices, please contact us using the above details. Please note that complaints will be acknowledge within 48hrs (excluding weekends and bank holidays) and an estimated time for a full response will be given at this time.
• How we protect personal information
The security of your personal information is very important, and Roberts is committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide, or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. We use SSL encryption on our website from hich we transfer certain personal information.
Roberts stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
• Updating this privacy statement
We will update this statement from time to time, so we suggest that you review this statement at regular intervals. Where we undergo substantial changes to our privacy statement we will endeavour to inform you directly about these changes.